There are as many different reasons for volunteering, as there are volunteers. Benefits can be realised by volunteers of all ages at the Sault Ste. Marie Museum.
- While volunteering at the Museum, volunteers are provided with the opportunity to: Expand their appreciation and knowledge of the history and culture of their community.
- Communicate the history of Sault Ste. Marie to others.
- Meet new people – visitors to the Museum come from around the world.
- Enhance their health and well being.
- Learn how to provide educational tours.
- Learn to handle artifacts and archives properly.
- Learn merchandising, exhibit design, and display techniques.
- Become familiar with museum operations.
- Be recognised for their contribution to the Museum.
- Be active in the community.
- Volunteers enjoy themselves while preserving the heritage of their community.
Not only do volunteers benefit from their time at the Sault Ste. Marie Museum, but the staff, the community and the visitors also gain from the volunteer experience.
- Volunteers allow staff the freedom to enhance or expand services.
- Volunteers assist with the operations of the Museum.
- Volunteers increase awareness of Museum, within the community and
- Volunteers encourage visitors and residents of Sault Ste. Marie to participate in programs and events at the Museum.
- Volunteers help the staff preserve the history of our community.
- Volunteers greatly enhance visitors’ time and enjoyment of the Museum.
If you are interested in volunteering at the Museum, contact the Museum to obtain a Volunteer Information Package & Application Form.